Michael R. Thomas has been a successful attorney for nearly thirty years in a wide variety of contexts. Mike represents people whose lives have been tragically altered because of the negligence of others. While he has spent a considerable amount of time and energy working on cases involving the wrongful death of a worker at a local steel factory and a young lady paralyzed as the result of hospital negligence, Mike has worked on virtually every type of injury case ranging from vehicle crashes to dog bites, to construction negligence, to product liability claims.
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate, N.B.L.S.C., 1996 – present;
- Ohio Super Lawyers, 1996 – present;
- Million Dollar Advocate’s Forum.
- Kirby, Thomas and Brandenburg Co., L.P.A., 2002 – present;
- Pratt, Singer & Thomas, 1996 – 2002;
- Casper & Casper, 1985 – 1996;
- Baran & Baran, 1980 – 1985.
- Volunteer Mediator, Hamilton County Common Pleas Court, 2005 – 2007;
- Private Mediator, 1999 – present;
- Court Appointed Mediator, Butler County Common Pleas Court, 1997 – present;
- Court Appointed Mediator, Warren County Common Pleas Court;
- Has conducted over 500 civil mediations involving personal injury, product liability, medical malpractice, workers compensation, intentional tort, business and residential disputes.
- Mediation Training, Capital University School of Law, 1997;
- J.D., cum laude, The Ohio State University College of Law, 1980:
- Notes Editor, O.S.U. Law Review,
- Chief Justice, Moot Court Governing Board,
- Book Award for Evidence and Trial Practice,
- Order of the Coif;
- B.A. with honors in Speech/Communications, Capital University, Columbus, Ohio, 1975.
- Ohio State Bar Association;
- Ohio Academy for Justice;
- Butler County Bar Association;
- American Bar Association;
- Warren County Bar Association;
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers:
- Executive Committee, 1996 – 1997,
- Chair, Amicus Curiae Committee, 1994 – 1999,
- Trustee, 1988 – 1998.
- United States Supreme Court, 1983;
- Ohio, 1981.